Friday, May 2, 2008

Loving Frank - Nancy Horan


I am in the middle of this book and so far enjoying it. The events of the books are based on a true love story in 1909. As I have mentioned previously, I love books in this era.
The love story is based on a real affair between a well known married architect and an educated woman, married as well.
As you can imagine, affairs were more than scandalous as this time. People even thought you were mad or bitten by a vampire.
It's so interesting to learn about woman in this time and the challenges they faced and strides they made to get us to where we are today.

2 comments:

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I read this book 3 or 4 months ago. I enjoyed it overall. I thought there were some major steamy sex scenes at the beginning, but luckily the hot-n-heaviness diminished. A good read for sure.

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Well, Rach. I don't know if you check in on your blog at all. But, if you do, I am back at you in the memory department. I remember a ton of things about you and us. For one, you are probably one of the funniest people ever. I remember distinctly locking you in your bathroom at Stadium Way to get you to do a certain something. (If you don't remember what, just call me). Also, I remember you and Barlow fighting a lot...over sharing milk, food, milk...and did, I say food? You two were like bickering fools. I also remember that conversation we had with Treion in his car parked on the back end of our apt. at Stadium Way and you were wallowing in pity thinking we'd never find somebody to spend our lives with! ha. Little did we know!