Saturday, April 19, 2008

Burned by the sun...


Well I am a girl of traditions and I like to start each spring with the same old routine. That involves me...getting massively sunburned within the first few days of the spring. For some reason I start the spring off by ignoring the fact that the sun is out, it is warm, my skin is wimpy and I burn. Today was that day.
I worked outside in our garden beds/shrubbery all morning and most of the afternoon. I did spray myself down once...maybe twice, but now i am sitting here, feeling hotter than normal and looking more lobster like than I have since..well...last spring.
It just feels like we literally had snow last week and this week it's summer and I haven't gotten into that flow of protecting myself like i do mid-July.
Fortunately Jorja has skin like her father. Never burns, just tans, nice, even and brown.
Unfortunately Ava seems to have my poor genes. Fair skin that blotches red and bumpy and then completely disappears with no trace of tan, leaving me looking like I rolled in mayonnaise.
Good times!
Well on the bright side.....my gardens are looking faaab-ulous! I invested in red cedar mulch.
Myself and the girls were outside by 7am today and playing on the grass. I bribed Jorja (with the promise of a new Webkinz) if she entertaining Ava and alerted me to any possible dangers. i.e. running after a dog or into the road!
She did great and she picked herself out the new snake webkinz. Happily named Dirt!

1 comment:

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Hey, where'd you get that picture of my nice a**?